For 4 pax 👥
Preparation: 20 mins⏳
Cooking: 3.5 hours⏳
530 g chuck beef • 65 g bacon • 35 g butter • broth • 2 glasses of Burgundy red wine • 1 onion • 1 garlic • 1 tablespoon of flour • 1 bouquet garni • 150g mushroom • Salt • Pepper
Preparation 👩🍳 👨🍳
- Cut the beef into 3 to 4 cm cubes. Peel the onions & garlic. Peel and cut the carrots.
- Melt the butter in a large casserole. Add onion and bacon. Sauté and stir constantly until golden. Take them out and set aside.
- Brown the beef in the casserole over high heat. Add the carrots, and brown for another 5 min.
- Pour the broth, return the bacon and onions to the casserole. Pour the red wine. Season with salt and pepper and add the bouquet garni and the crushed garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for 3 hours.
- Add the minced mushrooms, and cook for another half hour. Remove the bouquet garni and serve.