For 4 pax 👥
Preparation: 30 mins⏳
Cooking Time: 20 mins⏳
750 g beef bourguignon cubes (e.g. low-fat cuts: No.19 – Shank & No.31 – Chuck Back; gelatinous cuts: No.9 Oxtail & No.30 – Blade; streaky cuts: No.26 – Flat Ribs & No.28 – Brisket) • crushed garlic cloves • 30g grated fresh ginger • 2 teaspoons saffron • 2 teaspoons ground cumin • 1 teaspoon turmeric • 1 small tablespoon ground coriander • 10 dried curry leaves • 1 medium onion cut into halves • 1 can of tomato • 250 ml coconut milk • 60 ml olive oil • Salt and pepper
Preparation 👩🍳 👨🍳
- Cut the beef into chunks.
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare the curry paste by mixing the garlic, ginger, saffron, cumin and coriander. Mix well the paste and set aside.
- Sauté the onion in the oil and then add the curry paste and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and the dried curry leaves and simmer. Add the meat and cook, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut milk, mix everything together.
- Add turmeric and adjust the seasoning if necessary. From the first boiling, the dish is ready to be served. (*variation: braise with potatoes and carrots for 1 hour to make a beef curry stew)
- Serve with basmati rice or French baguette.